Provide strength based services to adults, children, youth, and families where one or more family member(s) experiences abusive behavior or acts abusively toward others. Abusive behaviors include such behaviors as sexually maladaptive behaviors, substance abuse, physically abusive behaviors, neglect of children, and/or domestic violence. A range of services are provided to the families through home-based strategies that fall under the DCS service standard of case management, parent aid, parent mentor, and supervised visit facilitator. Responsible for coordinating continuum of goals for all assigned clients and their families ensuring optimum utilization of resources, service delivery, and compliance with external agencies and referral sources requirements. Responsible for coordinating services, discharge activities, and various duties related to coordinating treatment. Provide skills to parents in a structured manner using a model accepted by DCS standard and Pathway. Will have training of parenting curriculum.
The contract employee in this position is expected to provide 30 days notice prior to voluntary resignation. A probationary period of 90 days is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual client care programs.
- Knowledgeable about childhood development.
- Must possess valid Indiana driver’s license and auto insurance/declaration page on file.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent to and experience in child welfare.
- Valid driver’s license, safe working vehicle, and proper vehicle insurance.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Sophisticated understanding of the strengths and needs of families
- Familiar with community resources such as but not limited to: Food pantries, applying for Medicaid and food stamps, etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of reporting
- Ability to identify client’s needs to develop individual treatment goals and plans.
- Must be able to complete all required documents.
- Must adhere to DCS service standard. Must have read, understand, and agree to all terms of the service standard and Pathway’s policies and standards.
- Ability to monitor and record client progress against care plan, and make adjustments to plans and services.
- Ability to multi-task, capable of daily problem-solving complex issues.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to use good judgment and to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, resourcefulness, patience, and dedication.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all forms of communication
- Computer with basic word processing skills including Microsoft Office, E-mail, etc. Must be able to complete all required documents within the timeline.
- Must have valid drivers license, working vehicle/car insurance (1 Million in the aggerate), and pass all background checks.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Preferred experience in Human Services field such as Psychology or Social Work.Back to Employment Opportunities